I decided I was going to help my photographer friend out by helping him at his booth this weekend at the Bridal Extravaganza. I think it is going to be fun being on the other end not being a bride this time. Last year I was very overwhelmed by the size of the show and the information that I received from it. Luckily my fiance at the time now husband and in laws went with me for support. I didn't know what to expect, but now knowing going through one. Here are some tips I would share if you are going to experience the craziness called the Bridal Extravaganza.
1. Wear Comfortable Shoes: by the end my legs and hips were killing me because my shoes sucked!
2. Eat before the show or bring snacks: It will take at least 3 hours to get through the whole show even if you are just stopping to a few vendors. You will get hungry and the food there can get pricey. Also, there is not a whole lot of taste testing like people think with caters and cake people. So eat! You need the energy.
3. Create a Email address just for wedding planning: after the show you will be bombarded with email blast from vendors. And they really don't stop for a long while even. I highly recommend this.
4. Make your own LABELS: they sell them at the show, but it's a waste of money. You can make your own at home. I would put only your name & email address, physical address (optional) on there.
5. Have a list of vendors you are wanting to focus on: For example, I was looking for a DJ & cater so I made sure I picked up on information and talked to several DJs & caters. And compared them from my initial meeting and information they passed out.
6. Have 2 Separate Bags: You want two bags. One for the vendors information you are very interested in and the other one of the ones you are contemplating. This makes it easier for organization. When it comes time to look at all the stuff you get there.
7. Have fun! This can be a really great time with your girls. Also, you will get a lot of great ideas & inspiration for your wedding from set ups from the various booths. Take lots of pictures!! Take it all in. You only get to plan your dream wedding once. :-)
Visit me at Booth #531! See ya there!!