Skip to main content

Welcome to my LATE 20's

For some reason I have been dreading to say that these words out my mouth "I am in my late 20's." Technically I guess 26 would be considered late 20's, but I convinced myself for a year that 26 is really MID twenties. So very immature I know, but to me "late 20's" FINALLY meant that I am "officially" a grown up. So strange to call myself a "grown up". I feel far beyond it, but I guess I just have to come to terms with it. I am 27 in my LATE TWENTIES and it is GREAT!

I certainly haven't accomplished everything I have wanted to do at this point in my life, but then again when are you EVER going to accomplish everything you want by a certain age? NEVER! It wouldn't be called life if it always went as planned. I have always loved the quote, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans."  

My husband knew that I was having a hard time with this transition this year so he worked really hard to make my day extra special full of great surprises! We woke up early on Saturday and had to be out of the house by 8 am! He had the dogs jump into the truck. I was super excited because I thought my furbabies were coming along on my day. Then 2 minutes later we arrived at where we board our dogs. Mike had them boarded for the night. So weird...why would he board the dogs? Hmmm. So we go on about our day. He surprised me by taking me to the Houston Zoo. He had gotten me a membership so I can go anytime I want through out the year... fun! I had a great time. Got to see the animals in the morning where they are the most interactive.

Love Elephants! This was the trainer giving this soon to be mommy elephant a bath! She is due in the Fall!



  This one was a 4 year old young elephant. It was funny because he was playing with the dog that stays in the elephant's mansion. He was soo cute!


 I love how this bear is all cool and relaxed. Not a care in the world! Even though he is about to fall off the edge of this big wall.



We saw many more animals that day. It was great weather to go to the zoo! Later that night Mike surprised me with a dinner with all friends and family at a Korean restaurant. I have always wanted to share the Korean food cuisine with my friends and family. It was a lot of fun and then it was off to dancing some country music!

Not actual photo of the day we ate, but it is the same thing. We ordered for dinner Kal-bi and cooked it at our table. Sooo good!



With my best friend from college! She is so awesome! I love her!!

  
Classic Mike!

 I heart him. He always gets me to do my goofy smile. Had a great time!

After the dancing I thought we were on our way home and Mike tells me he got a room at the Hilton in Galveston. So awesome! A mini getaway. We then get there and we were told something was wrong with our room and they would send us to another hotel and they of course would pay for it. Sweet! After that Mike tells me we were going to Schliterrbahn, an indoor water park, the next morning. Never been, but I knew it would be a blast! 

It was funny walking in sweats pants to the water park. Then peal my clothes off wearing my bikini. We had a so much fun! It was cold in some parts, but it was a nice warm 80 degrees in the park. Couldn't beat that weather during our recent bipolar Texas weather.

What an eventful weekend good thing. I took 2 days off! I needed the recovery day on Monday. So awesome!I have to say this was one of the best birthdays I had in a long while. My husband did an excellent job in making feel okay with being 27 aka my late twenties. Thanks babe!

....oh and I got a new phone (HTC Hero) for by birthday!! Finally I can take photos and get all sorts of cool apps. The best gift ever!! I love it!!!

  

Comments

  1. What a sweet husband! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know that you like 26 is mid-twenties, b/c I'm still dealing with that! I'm so glad you had a great day! Mike did a fantastic job!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I love reading your comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Jett's Vintage Train 3rd Birthday Party!

I was really excited about planning Jett's party because we would throw the party at our new home. So many possibilities!! I always try to brainstorm ideas months prior to the party so I can slowly come up with stuff and create them. I started to think of things that Jett was really into at this part of his life. He loves planes, but we did that for his 1st birthday. He loves tractor, we did that for his 2nd party. Now at almost 3 he loved trains and Superman! So I asked Jett in November, "Jett do you want a choo-choo train party or Superman?" and Jett yells, "CHOO CHOO TRAIN!!" PERFECT!! I was now thinking of things to do and how to decorate for this party. Of course everything has to start with the invitation. I created the invitation myself. I went with a old style boarding pass.  This invitation is no longer available at my etsy shop .  However, a new & improved one I made from my youngest son's birthday (below) is available  to pe

80s Homecoming Theme 40th Party!

When I heard the idea of an 80s prom for a birthday party. I knew this was something I had to do for for my husband one day, who grew up in the 80s. What better birthday milestone to throw this party was the big 4-0! I had this theme in my head for years! I was always looking for cheap venues, decor ideas, and outfits. 6 months prior to his birthday party. I decided to change it from an 80s prom theme party to a 80s homecoming theme party. Almost exactly the same. I only did this because I wanted our guests to have more options when it came to their wardrobe. I know some homecomings in the 80s were really formal, but some were not. I just wanted a variety of options for our awesome guests! As I mentioned I looked at all sorts of venues. I wanted my backdrop to be an old school gym. I knew a lot of these dances took place in a stinky gym. I had no luck finding a gym, but I found a great community center in my local town. The price was right, but they required us to have at least

2013 Mother's Day....DIY photo gift

2013 Mother's Day was extra special this year with what my guys did for me. While I wasn't home Mike got out our camera, tripod, remote for the camera and started to take some beautiful DIY shots. His inspiration was "Jett's Day." From getting ready, napping, & going out. It just captured so many great moments of our little guy. I love the sentimental gifts that kids make their parents. It is worth millions to me. So when I received my mother's day gift from my guys I heart just fluttered with excitement. Here are the pics from the mini DIY session ..... My all time favorite!!!! Father & son shaving moment! When I saw this picture I was in tears. It is just so special. Mike wanted to put all these great photos in a frame. He had J paint the matte so it was more personable.  The end result a DIY photo session with a toddler painted matte for Mother's Day. Something I will have and to cherish forever. Not the b