Skip to main content

Fall Holidays!

Wow... where did the time go? I love the Fall because that means it is the Holiday season! I love the Holidays because there is always some type of gathering with family and friends. It is fun to see all the decor with each holiday. We haven't really participated in the decor for the different holidays like we have done in the past. We have been really busy with preparing for the baby.


First up Halloween...
This seems like it was AGES ago....it was our good friend Ricky's birthday and he had a little Halloween/Birthday Party at his place. I felt like I was pretty limited on what I could dress up as and be approriate. I didn't want to spend a whole lot of $$ on something that I would only wear once. So I decided to be a "Pregnant Soccer Mom." I wore Mike's middle band polo, create some photo buttons of Mike when He played soccer when he was younger & a visor. It was tough squeezing into those capris. They belly band really did save me from buying maternity capris. When I dressed up as this costume years back at work I did go a little all out then with props and brought in a little cooler with Capri Suns and brought snacks. This time I just didn't have the energy to do that.

Mike transformed to my celebrity crush, but it in a totally twisted way. He was Justin Timberlake's character on SNL that was in the video "D... in the Box." It was actually pretty funny. I went and bought him some cheap cheesy sunglasses, a gold gawdy chain and hoop earring. He wore one of his suits and a black t-shirt under. The prop that put it all together was the "D.... in the Box." We had an old Christmas gift box he took out and zipped tied them around his belt. He even went far enough to make a paper mache "junk." It was pretty disgusting, but I guess whatever you have to do to make the costume complete. Mike is an over achiever and really wanted to win this costume and he thought making this paper mache "junk" would win it all.

Here are some pics from the night...
Pregnant Soccer Mom and "D" in the Box
With the birthday boy/wrestler
Having too much fun with this box
Mike and the "OBGYN" aka Kelly
He did such a good job. Looked just like 
Justin Timberlake's character.
That is a mix of my mascara and stubble on his face. Too funny!
Winner of the costume contest....Mike! 
Prize...Strawberry Boone's & some Italian sausage!
This is the PG version of this photo. 
I needed to photoshop the "junk"

Now for Thanksgiving....
This was the first year since Mike and I have been a couple that he didn't go all out for Thanksgiving. Reason 1 we are watching less TV (Food Network) so he was not churning up creative ideas. Reason 2 he didn't feel like cooking...he was tired. LOL. So we decided to make just some desserts and an appetizer. I made by request spinach artichoke dip & puppy chow (chex mix with peanut butter chocolate & covered in powdered sugar). I also made some yummy oreo truffles....sooo good and rich! Mike made a delicious 3 layered carrot cake all from scratch. We took our goodies to my mother in laws and we had a delicious lunch/dinner. We played games and stayed until around 10. We had to get home to our furbabies and get ready for our camping trip the next day! The weather during the day was in the 80s then dropped to the 40s that evening. Talk about Texas weather having PMS!
The Martin clan...me 6.5 months preggo!
The yummy Thanksgiving Feast!!

With the Martin family we have always talked about going as a family somewhere. So I thought of the bright idea of going on a little camping trip up the day after Thanksgiving to Huntsville State Park, which is 45 minutes North of Houston. It is sounded like a great idea at the time until it went from the 80s down to the 30s. It was BRRRR rabbit cold!!! And we were camping with tents. They had sold out months prior that weekend at the park and the only thing available were tent sites only. We still had a great time in the freezing cold. We built a warm campfire and had lots of food, smores, hot dogs & etc. The kids and the guys try to fish, but the fish just wouldn't bite at the pier. It was a great time till we had to go to bed in the cold. We did good though and got through the night. We were told the next day it got to be 26 degrees. BRRRRRR. Next time we definitely need to take the camper and go when the weather is a little warmer. Maybe it will be a holiday tradition. :-) Minus the cold weather. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jett's Vintage Train 3rd Birthday Party!

I was really excited about planning Jett's party because we would throw the party at our new home. So many possibilities!! I always try to brainstorm ideas months prior to the party so I can slowly come up with stuff and create them. I started to think of things that Jett was really into at this part of his life. He loves planes, but we did that for his 1st birthday. He loves tractor, we did that for his 2nd party. Now at almost 3 he loved trains and Superman! So I asked Jett in November, "Jett do you want a choo-choo train party or Superman?" and Jett yells, "CHOO CHOO TRAIN!!" PERFECT!! I was now thinking of things to do and how to decorate for this party. Of course everything has to start with the invitation. I created the invitation myself. I went with a old style boarding pass.  This invitation is no longer available at my etsy shop .  However, a new & improved one I made from my youngest son's birthday (below) is available  to pe

80s Homecoming Theme 40th Party!

When I heard the idea of an 80s prom for a birthday party. I knew this was something I had to do for for my husband one day, who grew up in the 80s. What better birthday milestone to throw this party was the big 4-0! I had this theme in my head for years! I was always looking for cheap venues, decor ideas, and outfits. 6 months prior to his birthday party. I decided to change it from an 80s prom theme party to a 80s homecoming theme party. Almost exactly the same. I only did this because I wanted our guests to have more options when it came to their wardrobe. I know some homecomings in the 80s were really formal, but some were not. I just wanted a variety of options for our awesome guests! As I mentioned I looked at all sorts of venues. I wanted my backdrop to be an old school gym. I knew a lot of these dances took place in a stinky gym. I had no luck finding a gym, but I found a great community center in my local town. The price was right, but they required us to have at least

2013 Mother's Day....DIY photo gift

2013 Mother's Day was extra special this year with what my guys did for me. While I wasn't home Mike got out our camera, tripod, remote for the camera and started to take some beautiful DIY shots. His inspiration was "Jett's Day." From getting ready, napping, & going out. It just captured so many great moments of our little guy. I love the sentimental gifts that kids make their parents. It is worth millions to me. So when I received my mother's day gift from my guys I heart just fluttered with excitement. Here are the pics from the mini DIY session ..... My all time favorite!!!! Father & son shaving moment! When I saw this picture I was in tears. It is just so special. Mike wanted to put all these great photos in a frame. He had J paint the matte so it was more personable.  The end result a DIY photo session with a toddler painted matte for Mother's Day. Something I will have and to cherish forever. Not the b