I can't believe my last post was 6 months ago!! So much has happened in such a short period of time. The last time I posted on my blog I was going through some stuff with adjusting being a new working mommy. 6 months later things have been AWESOME!! Here is the update in our lives...
- My JOB: A month after posting my emotional confession of being a new mommy....I quit my miserable job of 5 years. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Right now I need to work. I figured if I am going to work and be away from my baby it needs to be worth it. So I started my new job and I LOVE it! So much more laid back and better opportunities! I love the environment!! I didn't realize how miserable I was at my last job until I started working at my new one. It is amazing how much happier I am with just that one change.
- Renovations: The week before Thanksgiving we got the go ahead to start some renovations in the living room and kitchen. This house has not been updated since 1959. So you could imagine what all we had to do. To start off with....
- Removed the acoustic tile ceilings because they were falling apart and just collecting so much nastiness. Replaced it with sheet rock & paint
- Added 14 canned dim-able lights to the living/kitchen. Before we only had 3 and it was soooo dark! It is so much better now.
- We painted the wood paneling.
- Removed old rubber tile and linoleum and replaced with large tile. (Looks amazing and feels so clean!!)
- Removed an old peninsula and added a incredible island built by my talented hubby!
- Removed all cabinets and building new cabinets, drawers, counters.
- Doing granite tile counters.
Can't wait to show the before and after finished project. Mike has done an amazing job so far. It has really transformed the room for the better. The best thing is Jett is able to be in that room now since it is clean and open. We have a little more to do before I will post pics!! It is awesome though. Till then we are still eating off of paper plates and plastic ware, but it is all worth it!
- Our Little Guy: Jett is 11 months!! He is so incredible. We are lucky to have a baby that is so laid back. Obviously he has grown sooo much since he was 5 months old when I posted last so here are some recent milestone for him. ...
- He has been teething this whole time and has been such a trooper. He now has 7 teeth!! 4 on the top and 3 on the bottom. And has a beautiful smile!!
In his Christmas Jammies
Our annual Christmas card. Jett's daddy wanted to go with the gift box theme from last year's card. I didn't do much photoshop this year. Only to the background. The dogs were great during it. Jett was the one that was hard to get his attention. He was so preoccupied by all the tinsel. Below are some out takes from the Christmas card photo session.
|He discovered Bentley's bell....|
|Now I'm not :-(. BTW he was not hurt at all. He got up with all smiles and dirt in his mouth.|
|This is the one that made it into the card|
He is eating real people food and loves it! One of his favorite things to eat is mommy's turkey meatballs and some frozen blueberries! Our little guy just started to WALK a couple of weeks ago at 10.5 months old! He is starting quite early, but it is pretty awesome to watch.He is getting better and better at it. He still looks like Godzilla standing tall and walking as if he rules the world one step at a time. It is so awesome to watch! He loves his walker that Grammy & Paw Paw got him.
The next big event will be Jett's 1st birthday!! I've been planning this for quite a while. It will be an airplane themed party. I will post all my DIY items I have been doing in the next couple of post. :)